2024 Scholarship Application
Charles E. Alexander Memorial and Billy Jones Memorial
Transportation Engineering Awards
- Candidate applications submitted after 3:00 PM CT on Friday, February 23, 2024 will not be considered, no exceptions.
- A recommendation letter for a candidate for a scholarship from HMR ALSITE Scholarships, Inc. may be submitted by an ALSITE faculty member at an ABET-accredited Civil Engineering program in the state of Alabama, or by an ALSITE Member. Recipients cannot be related to any Member of the HMR ALSITE Scholarships, Inc. Board of Directors. The total number of pages of uploaded additional information that will be considered part of the application, including a recommendation letter, is limited to two (2) pages.
- Any 2024 Award Recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student at an ABET-accredited Civil Engineering program in the state of Alabama and shall be a full-time undergraduate student during the 2024-2025 academic year in order to receive all scholarship payments.
- Once an applicant has received a named HMR ALSITE Scholarship Award (i.e., the Alexander or Jones Award), the applicant is not eligible to receive that same scholarship again. However, the applicant is still eligible for the other HMR ALSITE Scholarship Award.
- Applicants should demonstrate a strong commitment to the discipline of Transportation Engineering in their coursework, outside activities, and must be academically classified as a Junior or Senior on February 23, 2024.
- A full disclosure of current student loans or other financial aid is required. Financial need is one of the key items considered by HMR ALSITE Scholarships, Inc. Board of Directors in recipient selections.
- Scholarship Awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s university in equal installments by semester for the 2024-2025 academic year, contingent upon the recipient successfully completing the prior academic period. Recipients must furnish official confirmation of enrollment in the required course of study along with a copy of their course grades for the previous academic period prior to the disbursement of each portion of the Award.
- The 2024 Charles E. Alexander Memorial Transportation Engineering Scholarship is estimated to have an award value of $10,000 and the 2024 Billy Jones Memorial Traffic Engineering Scholarship is estimated to have an award value of $5,000. However, the HMR ALSITE Scholarships, Inc. Board of Directors retains the sole discretion to change the value of each award or to not award either or both scholarships in 2024-2025.
If you have any questions or technical issues regarding the application process, please contact Rod Turochy at email@example.com.