A candidate for a scholarship award must meet each of several criteria. To be considered for the award, a candidate shall:
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate Civil Engineering program at an ABET accredited university in the State of Alabama (graduate students are ineligible for award payments);
- Be academically classified by the university as a junior or senior when application is submitted (graduate students are ineligible);
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the discipline of transportation engineering;
- Be recommended by a faculty member or Member of ALSITE;
- Demonstrate a financial need for the scholarship; and
- Not be related to any Board Member of Harold M. Raynor ALSITE Scholarships, Inc.